Upendo Events recognises The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) adopted 27 April 2016, the two-year transition period and the application date of 25 May 2018 and is actively working towards compliance with that directive. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has replaced the Data Protection Act 1998 and aims to give you control over your data as do we. As a company we are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy explains how we collect, use and store information and what it means for you.
Upendo Events works in partnership with our clients and you have control over the information we store about you and what types of information (if any) you would like to receive from us.
- We only collect necessary information about you or your company. We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly, when you use our services or contact us.
- When making an enquiry or event booking, we ask you for your name, company name, contact details to include phone and email.
- When making an accommodation booking, we ask for your name, company name, contact details to include phone, email, and credit card details either to pay for the booking or just to guarantee it.
- We do not record any of our telephone conversations we do not use the data from these calls for marketing purposes but to help us fulfil the role you ask of us at that time.
- We do not keep your information if it is no longer required
- We do not use your information for purposes other than those specified
How We Use Your Information
- We use your information to gain valuable feedback about your event booking and experience.
- We use information we collect about you to provide and improve the services you request and to manage our records.
The following are examples of how we may use your information:
- When we process a booking/enquiry for you
- When we need to contact you or amendments to your booking/enquiry
- When we deal with post event queries on your behalf
- When there is a special offer you might be interested – we will only contact you if you have given us permission to do so
- When planning a FAM trip which you might be interested – we will only contact you if you have given us permission to do so
On our website and in our proposals, we may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. Please be aware that these sites may have different security and privacy policies and we have no control over and take no responsibility for any information submitted to these sites.
Sharing Data with Trusted Third Parties
Due to the nature of our business and the size of our databases, it is not practical for us to ask every individual for his/her consent which we feel would be more of a nuisance. We have assessed our and our clients’ business interests in carrying out marketing activities and we have carefully considered the impact the collection and use of personal data could potentially have on individuals’ rights. Our databases contain business data, which is used to promote business in the UK and such activities are unlikely to affect the fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals concerned. We have therefore concluded that the most appropriate lawful ground for the processing of your personal is our and our client’s legitimate interests
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilising, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose, other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
When we work with third party operators, such as venues, our partner destination management companies, sub-contractors, etc. we ensure that personal information in our possession is provided to them only with our knowledge and subject to legally binding agreements requiring them to keep such information confidential and secure
Social Media and Social Media plug-ins
Our website features two plug-ins for easy sharing and following our social media pages: Facebook, operated by Facebook Inc and Twitter. Being on our website does not automatically result in sharing data on these social media networks. These plugins remain inactive (idle) until clicked upon. Once clicked upon, you will be taken to the said social media networks with their own specific privacy policies which we recommend your view.
Upendo Events cares to ensure the security of your personal data. When Upendo Events collects any information about you, we also make sure that your information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, manipulation, falsification, destruction, or unauthorised disclosure. This is done through appropriate technical measures. In the event of a data breach or data loss, we will notify you within 72 hours of the breach and have the necessary processes in place to respond to such events.
Information Correction & Deletion
If you believe that the information, we have about you is incorrect, you are welcome to contact us so we can update it and keep your data accurate. Any data that is no longer needed for the purposes specified or required by UK law will be deleted.
If at any point you wish for Upendo Events to delete information about you, you can simply contact us.
Access to information
You have the right to request access to the information we have on you without charge. You can do this by contacting us by e-mail: email@example.com
We will provide you with a copy of all the data we have about you. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity. We will fulfil your request by sending your copy electronically unless the request expressly specifies a different method. For any subsequent access request outside what is either deemed reasonable or outside of what we are required by law to comply with, we may charge you with an administrative fee.
Our Registered address: Flat 52, Longfield House, Bell Green Road, Coventry, CV6 7GS
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +44(0)7939 31 5449